About our Distribution Automation Technical Lead position
Distribution Automation Technical Lead who will be responsible for the design, monitor, implementation, and operation of Distribution Automation solutions.
Length: Full time or contract
- Engineering Degree (Power System, Electrical, Energy Management, Mechanical, Computer) or Equivalent. MS or higher preferred.
- Knowledge in Power System, Transmission and Distribution Systems, Substations, and associated Networks
- Knowledge of automation and remote communication and operation of T&D components, such as switches, transformers, capacitors, etc. via wireless communication networks
- Experience in Smart Grid, Distribution Automation, SCADA/DMS
- Experience in Utility industry (Preferred)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and development of specification and technical requirements for implementation of Distribution Automation (DA) solutions on overhead and underground distribution systems.
- Design and development of Fault Location, Isolation, and Service Restoration (FLISR), Volta VAR Optimization (VVO), Conservative Voltage Reduction (CVR), System Health Monitoring, and other common applications of distribution automation systems
- Configuration, operation, and maintenance of a typical Distribution Management System (DMS) application to meet a utility’s need
- Support the utility’s management team to monitor and manage the design and implementation of a distribution automation system
- Analyze existing SCADA/DMS systems and ensure they effectively meet the organization’s needs to monitor and control the distribution system.
- Provided business process consulting to evaluate various Distribution Automation scenarios and the pros and cons of implementing each
- Document the current state business processes (As-Is processes) for Control/Operation Centers of utilities
- Create the future state business processes (To-Be processes) for the utilities based on the result of implemented DA solutions and DMS applications
- Perform analysis of the current state functional and technical capabilities for multiple utilities
- Create business /system requirements to support vendor selection for Distribution Automation solutions and ADMS applications
- Responsible to monitor and manage DA systems and platforms including servers, client applications, tests, key performance indicators and overall technical quality.
- Provide technical support to all levels of the organization, such as planning, design , implementation, operation, test, monitor, and control
- Provide education and consultancy to the utility management, personnel, and other stakeholders regarding the existing infrastructural risks, best practices, and the changes required to support the new business practices and strategies.
- Provide training to the utility’s personnel for operation and maintenance of the newly implemented distribution automation systems and its various aspects such as automation, monitoring, and DMS application
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical aspects