About our Business Process Consultant position
Business Process Manager with strong 8+ year’s process mapping experience
Length: Full time or contract
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with understanding scope definition and requirements gathering
- Ability to effectively create and present quality data and findings
- Expertise in using MS Projects, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze data and related system specifications and create test data and cases to verify accuracy of system output
- Ability to assess longer-term technology opportunities including ability to streamline data, identify workarounds for technical limitations, and develop technical roadmaps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to share findings with business partners with varying backgrounds/levels of expertise
- Must have energy and utility experience. Specifically working with smart grid and AMI projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interviews stakeholders and process owners to define processes.
- Designs complex processes
- Ensures process mapping is complete
- Support project execution through maintaining business rule documentation, tracking task completion reports, updating project status, escalating issues and improving process to produce member communications
- Prepare and create business requirements for systems enhancements
- Utilizes business analysis, data mapping and data validation to develop coding specifications
- Develops test cases to verify accuracy and quality
- Executes testing for assigned deliverables; identify and document test defects, document quality issues and communicate defects to assure resolution
- Determines process recommendation documents, including presentations, process maps, supporting metrics, business requirements and related impact analyses for complex processes or for portions of larger or inter-related processes.
- Shares accountability for realization of results with process owners and present recommendations to stakeholders and process owners.
- Defines, develops and evaluates performance metrics to establish process success, and may participate in working with multiple stakeholders, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success.
- Reviews data post- implementation to measure success; participates in defining standards of improvement success.