About our IT Enterprise Architect position
A Senior Enterprise Architect has expertise in the creation, communication and improvement of the key principles, methods and models that describe the enterprise's future state and enable its evolution. The scope of the enterprise architecture process involves the interpretation of business goals, drivers and strategies, the assessment of the current capabilities of the people, processes, information and technology of the enterprise, and the determination of how these relate to one another and to the external environment. The process supports the formation of the constraints, standards and guiding principles required to define, assure and govern the required evolution and the transitional processes that facilitate predictable transition to the intended state through information-enabled change in the organization’s structure, business processes, information systems and infrastructure.
Length: Full time or contract
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English
- 10+ years of Professional experience includes 5+ years functioning as an Enterprise Architect
- Enterprise Architecture certified or equivalent experience using industry standards such as TOGAF and Zachman.
- Experience developing architectural strategies, standards and road maps for future state (2-5 years on the horizon).
- Evangelist for a bigger picture strategy, integrating the business and technological vision, connecting the dots across business needs, technologies, processes, and information.
- Proven experience across multiple business areas, and multiple technologies with well- rounded background in applications, software, databases, middleware, etc.
- Proven experience in large-complex application rationalization efforts, maximizing current investment and optimizing process complexity.
- Proven experience with future state architecture, taking business to the next level, creating competitive advantage to the business. Proven experience laying out technology roadmap connecting the dots with business needs.
- Proven experience in large, complex scale projects.
- Prior applications/software development (programming) experience.
- Solid presentation skills, ability to effectively influence.
- Ability to multi-task and switch between tasks quickly and smoothly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organization skills.
- A strong desire to learn and expand their technical knowledge.
- Able to work autonomously and exhibit excellent judgment.
- Strong Technical leadership of Application Development teams and vendors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proactively interacts with business partners and IT at all stages of lifecycle to design solutions, influence strategy, provide new business and technology ideas, align and prioritize projects to architecture priorities and drives architecture driven investments.
- Collaborative and inspirational leader providing solution design review and direction to solution architects.
- Possesses a strong geographical business and technological market acumen to contribute to the strategic business plan and operational direction.
- Has a CTO mindset to develop technology strategies addressing business problems, incorporating business maturity models that require a long-term, strategic perspective.
- Must look 1-3 years ahead to consider the long-term consequences for the enterprise when choosing a technical direction, proposing a technology investment, harmonization of the environments, simplification opportunities or advising a business leader on strategic issues.
- Possesses the broad expertise to integrate the technical vision for IT, integrating across technologies, systems, and organizations.
- Leads vendor selection process and provides recommendations for investment in technology solutions, supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses.
- Develops architectural standards and roadmaps to migrate to standards that will add significant value to the business.
- Ensures coordination and completion of design review board based on design review board guidance
- Provides solution designs to IT project in the category of new vendor, new technology, and new capability.
- Empowers solution architect providing technical guidance, and needed training within capability scope
- Guarantees solution architects follow enterprise architecture practices for all projects within capability scope.