About our Smart Grid Infrastructure position
Infrastructure Architect who will be responsible for creating, designing and maintaining AMI Infrastructure solutions.
Length: Full time or contract
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 8 or more years infrastructure design and implementation
- 8 plus years’ experience in enterprise systems analysis, systems design and systems integration
- 5 plus years of experience in IT Infrastructure Maintenance.
- 5 plus years of experience in Utility industry (Preferred)
- Experience in Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Meter Data Management (MDM or MDMS), Load Control, Demand Response, Customer Information System (CIS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Smart Grid (IntelliGrid) would be preferred
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement AMI infrastructure solutions and designs.
- Update existing system/component architecture.
- Analyze existing systems and ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting organizational needs.
- Manage successful execution of the Infrastructure Design Methodologies and Strategies.
- Gather utilization metrics using Wintel, SAN, NAS, and SOA to complete performance assessments of the environment.
- Provide technical support to all levels in the organization including disaster recovery, technical upgrade planning, and storage administration.
- Build technical environments and must have experience in maintaining and installing servers and network environment.
- Develop testing strategy for security and performance.
- Responsible for the technical functionality of IT systems and platforms including servers, client applications, tests, key performance indicators and overall technical quality.
- Create a disaster recovery plan high availability, MDMS and meter communications, load control/home area network, energy software procurement assessment, data warehouse.
- Educate, consult and influence IT and business stakeholders to better understand existing infrastructure architecture risks, IT best practices, and infrastructure changes required to support business and IT strategies.
- Participate in architecture reviews and audits and define and maintain documentation on architectural infrastructure and technology standards. Drive re-use and enterprise-wide thinking within initiatives and projects.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical professionals.